Last year, the ASEAN Open Skies Policy is effectively implemented. The Southeast Asian Aviation industry is considered to be ready for bigger business. In the first year of its implementation, what are challenges and opportunities for the region’s aviation stakeholders, particularly Indonesia?
Further, Indonesia, as a leading country in the region, is now preparing itself for the candidature for election as a member on the Council of ICAO. What Indonesia could get from the region’s partnership?
Purpose of this event:
Develop more awareness in preparing the region, particularly Indonesia, for anticipating and answering opportunities and challenges as a result of the Asean Open Skies Policy in every aspect, among others: airlines, airports, and safety issues.
Promote Indonesia’s plan for the candidature for election as a member on the Council of ICAO.
More than 175 delegates from over 40 nations will attend the conference representing, academicians, regulators, airline operators, airport operators, and other stakeholders in the aviation industry.
JS Luwansa Hotel
The following is the latest updated draft conference schedule, for your reference.
09.00 – 10.00 Registration and welcome
10.00 – 10.20 Opening session
- Andre Rahadian,Chairman of the Indonesian Air Law Society, Indonesia.
- Pablo Mendes de Leon, Director, International Institute of Air and Space Law (IIASL), Leiden University, The Netherlands.
- His Excellency Mr. Rob Swartbol, Ambassador of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Indonesia.
- His Excellency Minister Ignatius Jonan Ministry of Transportation of Indonesia / Mr. Suprasetyo, Directorate General of Civil Aviation Ministry of Transport of Indonesia.
- His Excellency Mr. Indroyono Soesilo, special envoy of the Transportation Ministry for ICAO.
10.20 – 11.30 The ASEAN – EU air transport relationship: does harmonisation create new opportunities?
Moderator: Mr Wahyuni Bahar, Masyarakat Hukum Udara, Indonesian Air Law Society; Founding Partner, Bahar & Partners Law Offices, Jakarta.
- Pramintohadi, Secretary of Directorate General of Civil Aviation, Ministry of Transportation of Republic Indonesia/ Mr. Agoes Soebagio, Head of Cooperation & Public Relation of Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) of the Indonesian Ministry of Transportation.*)
- Rajesh Singh, Air Transport Counsellor, Former Joint Secretary, Civil Aviation, Government of India, Board member, IIASL.
- Alan Tan, National University of Singapore, Singapore.
- Noura Rouissi, EU Commission, Air Transport Division.
- Vincent Correia, University of Poitiers/Paris XI.
11.30 – 11.45 Tea/coffee break
11.45 – 12.45 Airline competition under ASEAN Open Skies: The impact of regional and international trends
Moderator: Prof. Laura Pierallini, Partner, Law firm Pierallini, Rome, Italy
- Maryati Karma, Director of Air Transport of Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) of the Indonesian Ministry of Transportation.*)
- Sunu Widyatmoko, CEO of PT AirAsia Indonesia, Indonesian LCC.
- Tengku Burhanuddin, Secretary General of of Indonesian National Air Carrier Association.
- Guillaume Hecketsweiler, General Counsel, Air France KLM Group.
- Alfonso Plana Boden, Partner, CMC Law Firm, Bogota, Columbia.
12.45 – 14.00 Lunch
14.00 – 15.00 Airport competition: are airports ready to facing Open Skies in the ASEAN region?
Moderator: Prof. Mia Wouters, Partner, LVP Law, Brussels, Belgium
- Budi Karya, CEO of PT Angkasa Pura II, Indonesia Airport Operator.
- Aniel Bangoer, Legal Counsel, Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, The Netherlands
- Peter Urwantschky, Partner, Urwantschky Dangel Brost, Ulm, Germany
- Jason Bonin, Centre for Asian Legal Studies, National University of Singapore (NUS)
- Nitin Sarin, Managing Partner, M/s Sarin & Co, Chandigarh, India
15.20 Tea break
15.20 – 16.30 Aviation safety: the challenge of clearing the skies
Moderator: Prof. Stephan Hobe, University of Cologne, Germany
- Bambang Tjahyono, CEO of AirNav Indonesia.
- Jiefang Huang, Legal Bureau, ICAO.
- Roderick van Dam, President, International Foundation for Public Aviation (IFPA).
- Soerjanto Tjahjono, Head of Indonesian Accident and Incident Bureau (KNKT).
- Mildred Trögeler, Legal Counsel, Boeing.
- Siew Huay Tan, Director Legal, Civil Aviation Authority Singapore.
16.30 – 16.45 Concluding remarks
- Dr Volkan Gunel, Dean, Law Faculty of the University of Northern Cyprus
- Pablo Mendes de Leon, Director IIASL, Leiden University
INFORMATION & REGISTRATION
Ms. Putri Amalia
HP: 0811 9443550